Friday, September 28, 2012

More Piano!

After finishing the first piano scarf I was worried that nobody would buy the pattern or queue it up in Ravelry. Boy was I wrong! It's been a thrill to watch it pop up in queues or to get notification of sales. Each time is like a secret gift that randomly appears in my inbox. It's awesome!



So when Amy asked me to make her a piano scarf I was glad to do so. This time around I popped it into my bag and carried it with me if I knew I was going to be sitting somewhere for several hours.



Apparently, seeing somebody knitting in public down here isn't that common and pair that with something as large and striking as a giant black and white piano scarf and you get lots of questions. I love questions though since it gives me a chance to share a little of my passion.

Sometimes sharing a passion that's not the normal is seen as silly. But that's okay, because the people I knit for come to me to have help in sharing their passion. And in this case I'm glad to take cues from my husband, who doesn't mind being a little silly at times if it means helping somebody with what they need.



I mean, how can you not laugh at somebody doing this? And he's such a good sport, allowing me to drag him out into the sun after a long day of work and an hour drive home to drape wool around him for pictures. I'm glad he puts up with me and supports me in my passion.

Pattern: Piano Scarf
Project Page: Ravelry

12 comments:

  1. That is just so brilliant, I have someone who would love one of those
    thanks for sharing and linking the pattern
    martine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! :) Can't wait to see your version. :)

      Delete
  2. Hooray for sales! It really is a nice pattern for so many music lovers out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I've had so many people say they know just the perfect person for one. :)

      Delete
  3. I completely cow-tow to your charming husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laugh* His charm is what keeps him alive some days. ;)

      Delete
  4. Your knitted piano scarf is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scarf, and I love the photos. Super model.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great scarf, why would you doubt that you would make some sales? Good luck and best wishes for many more sales. Hope you're having a great weekend with that nice husband.

    ReplyDelete