Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Brambles & Magic Balance

Writing:
Magic Balance (Working Title) - Rewrites
Previous Word Count: 606
Current Word Count: 1,342 (Up 736)

Slow progress but progress. We've met the 2 of the main characters and learned a bit about where the story is going.

Reading:

The Light-Years Beneath My Feet by Alan Dean Foster. I read the preceding book a couple of years ago and have been wanting to read the rest of the series. So far it's enjoyable. While I understand the need for words that aren't English words, given that it takes place on alien planets, I struggle to avoid skimming when those words are used repeatedly.

Knitting:
Just last night I cast on for a beret that's been commissioned so there's no much to show. I love the chart though so it should once again be a quick knit and be a lovely finished piece.



I also received this in the mail just today: a skein of Ella Rae Lace Merino in Pumpkin, blue, and maroon that's destined to become a glove and scarf set as another commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment