Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIP Wednesday: So Many Things

Writing:
Magic Balance (Working Title) - Rewrites
Previous Word Count: 18,474
Current Word Count: 20,390 (Up 1,916)

It's the calm before the storm. 

Reading:

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. Fans of the Bloggess will know why this is an awesome and hilarious book. A huge thank you to Dusti for letting me read through the book before mailing it off to her. 


Knitting: 
A new scarf!! It's more double knitting but this time it's for Decepticons, not Autobots. So far it's working up a lot faster. I'm not sure if it's because I've had more practice or because it's a little less fiddly at this stage than the other design was. It's most likely a bit of both.



Dreamcatcher:
I've had a couple of commissions for dreamcatchers so I'm trying to keep those moving along as well. Particularly when I'm out and can't work on a complicated chart that I have to check every row. I managed to get this whole ring wrapped Monday night while we were out doing some of the con planning with the director.



Space City Con:
We're still in the planning stages but things are really ramping up for the first year of Space City Con. Lynn and I are in charge of the volunteers and I'm really glad we've had this chance to help out. The committee planning all this is awesome and the guests that we are bringing in are simply incredible. If you're a geek of any sort you should check it out. We're adding guests, dealers, and entertainment on a regular basis. This is going to be spectacular.

6 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the Decepticon unfold...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 'think' I have a design worked out for the neck portion, but as with the Autobot scarf ... we'll see when we get there. *laugh* Either way at least it's a fun knit.

      Delete
  2. That scarf looks fabulous already, I really love your work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double-knitting really is the answer for a scarf isn't it? Thick, warm and fun on both sides. Thanks for the book tip - I'm downloading it to my eReader now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly the way to go for this particular design.

      I hope you enjoy the book as much as I have. I was able to hear her read a chapter and it was 'so' entertaining.

      Delete