Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Head and Feet


Writing:
Magic Balance (Working Title) - Rewrites
Previous Word Count: 21,391
Current Word Count: 21,391 (Up 0)

Two weeks in a row ... the brain is just not having it. I think I'm going to take a break from this and do some of the suggested edits on Fey Led instead. Perhaps then my mind will be more willing to go back to this world.

Reading:

From Dead To Worse by Charlaine Harris Over halfway on this one and still enjoying it. I love her writing style and it's nice to see Sookie again. I'm gleefully looking forward to the return of True Blood soon. I also managed to catch the Q&A Panel with Kristin Bauer at Comicpalooza this past weekend. It was a very ... amusing time as she shared what she could with us about story lines and antics on set.

Knitting:
Not a Decepticon Scarf!!! I almost finished it at Comicpalooza but had left half of it at home (no sense in carrying it around after all). So earlier today I finished that up and grafted it together (would have 'never' been able to do that at con). Final pictures of it soon! However ... that meant I needed something to work on. Naturally I'd planned ahead and grabbed the yarn and stuff for Fi's beret that she's ordered. Except I didn't have her measurements. Doh! Ever the over planner I also had sock yarn and I happily cast on a pair of socks.

Caprica Circles


I think they're incredible! I'm in serious love with them. They'll be moved to my travel project since I managed to get Fi's measurement today and started on her beret.

Fi's Beret


Such a simple looking thing .. and yet it took me 2.5 hours to cast on and knit the first row. Insanity I tell you. I'd started with a circular like the pattern called for but all of my stitches fit easily on one needle because my needles are far too long. I love my interchangeable set but the tips are quite long and not at all suited to smaller projects. Good thing I had DPN's on hand.

3 comments:

  1. Caprica Cercles looks great! Good luck on your beret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've gotten most of the ribbing done today, luckily it's being less of a pain. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Babajeza, the Caprica circles look great and I love the colors. I can't wait to see both of your finished objects!

    ReplyDelete