Thursday, February 23, 2012

Contrasts and Reasons Why

Day 22 in A Month of Craft Photos by Untangling Knots is Contrasts.
Contrasts
I'm working on three different projects at the moment. One is fine alpaca lace weight that I'm holding double, very sticky. Then there's blue sock yarn and grey worsted weight for a glove. 
Day 23 in A Month of Craft Photos by Untangling Knots is Clothing Inspiration.
Clothing Inspiration
The whole reason I got started knitting was because I love socks. I love the patterns, the colors, the softness. I love how quirky they can be without being too in your face. Socks. Socks are the reason for all this insanity of yarn.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, socks are my favorite too!
    What kind of Alpaca yarn is it? Alpaca should not be sticky if it was created right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's KnitPicks Shimmer so 70% Baby Alpaca, 30% Silk. I bought a new set of needles to knit the lace and they have a different metal so I'm hoping that it'll start sliding a little smoother.

      Delete