Friday, January 20, 2012

Braided Cowl

I finally finished the cowl that I used the baby alpaca for! I really like how it came out and I'm really happy with the grafting together of the two ends. The cables were a bit hard on my hands since they were so large but I made it work. While I'm not a fan of large needles and bulky yarn it is nice to have something work up so quickly.

I love that I'll be able to wear it in a couple different ways since it's reversible and I made it double the length. Now if it'll just stop being 80 in the shade here and remember that it's January after all.


  

Pattern: Clara Cowl by Gretchen Ronnevik 
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande in 2213 
Mods: None that I know of.

12 comments:

  1. Pretty colour yarn. I like chunky yarn now and then too, it is so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it worked up so quickly, the ribbing was very boring after a bit. LOL

      Delete
  2. It looks fabulous, so warm and squishy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so soft and I kept getting distracted by squishing it when I was knitting it. *laugh* Now if it'll just cool off so I can actually wear it.

      Delete
  3. It's looks lovely and warm. Love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite colors so should match lots in my closet. :D

      Delete
  4. wow this is really pretty, I love the colours and the cabling looks really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I struggled a bit with the cable because it was so big, but I think it was so worth it.

      Delete
  5. oooh, I like this cowl and Alpaca next to the neck and face is always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a wonderful treat, other than worrying it would auto felt simply because I was outside. Texas is way too hot sometimes. :)

      Delete
  6. Send it to Indiana, I can use it here for sure! I love it. Have been admiring the pattern and just might have to find something to make it with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Nooooooo! It was gift yarn and I've been dreaming of having it done and wearing such a lovely yarn. It's a super easy pattern and such a lovely finished object. :)

      Delete