We've been busy in other ways around here besides just knitting. I talked my husband into joining the local Dagorhir group, and with that means we both need to learn a few more skills (or spend more money to have others make things). So he's been learning how to make weapons and I've getting re-acquainted with my sewing machine. I'd been wanting to do more with it anyhow so I could make more clothing for myself so this works out perfectly.
First up, these nice weapons my husband finished.
The longer one is primarily his and the shorter one primarily Miss Kid's. Since these were made the smaller one has been failed by the head weapon maker due to weight but now we know exactly how to fix that and have already made a couple more, I just need to sew up the cloth coverings for the blades.
While he was busy with that I made Miss Kid a tunic. Garb is required at practices and Lynn had his own. At that time I wasn't planning on really getting on the field and fighting so I wasn't thinking about me. Of course since then I've requested weapons for me and come up with a character since watching the fighting makes you really want to jump in. I made a simple t-tunic for Miss Kid.
It's not fantastic work and I see where I can fix several things, better fabric for one. But! I'm thrilled with it considering that it's my first ever fully sewn work. The only other thing I've ever done was add in panels in a pair of jeans to make them bell bottoms when I was 16 or so.
All in all ... it was fun, we learned a lot, and we have plans for bigger and better. Currently, Miss Kid is very ready to get out on the field and do a lot of foam weapon fighting.