Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Chinook & Finding Magic

Writing:
Magic Balance (Working Title) - Rewrites
Previous Word Count: 5,175
Current Word Count: 5,519 (Up 344)

I managed to figure out how I wanted to write the meeting of the 4 main and got past that. Hopefully it'll flow a bit easier now.

Reading:

The Road to Memphis by Mildred D. Taylor. Here we read about an older Cassie, in her teens, who's going away to school and dealing with the affections of a long time friend. So far I love it and really enjoy reading about the family and how they've aged.

Knitting:
I am simply amazed at this point. I've flashed through the first 5 color changes and I'm currently in the middle of the 6th one with 5 more to go. Look at how much it's grown! It's folded in half to more easily fit into the frame, so it's much wider than it appears.



I've currently put in 34 hours on this shawl and I've got 42% of the pattern left to do. I am simply thrilled at how smoothly it's going and how well the yarn is behaving. It's not adding stitches or dropping stitches. It's not randomly tangling or being willful about being knit up. It's lovely when yarn agrees about how it should be used. Here's a closer shot of the last color change because I love the way the blues and greens look.

4 comments:

  1. That shawl is really lovely and I love the blues and greens too! It's feels great when a project progresses just as you hope it should :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving that it's going so quickly but part of that is the addiction to see how the next group of colors will look. LOL

      Delete
  2. The colors are great and I can't wait to see the whole shawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just posted the finished shawl just today. :D I think it's gorgeous but I'm perhaps a bit biased. :)

      Delete