Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Finish Line in Sight

Knitting: It won't be this Friday, since I have physical therapy today and a full check up with the doctor tomorrow. But I'm only a couple rows away from finishing Chart D and then just 37 rows of Chart E and I'll be binding off so I'm hoping for next Friday. I'm really thrilled with how the edge is coming along. I love the pattern that's appearing and I love that I can somewhat predict what my next stitches should be. It's so good to feel like I have a handle on the pattern again.


Reading:

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Ben H. Winters, with Jane Austen credited as co-author. This is such a fun read! The feel of Austen has been captured and alongside it is a twist of Lovecraftian quirkiness that's delightful. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the twists take us in the story.

4 comments:

  1. It's such a great feeling when you know the end of a project is near. And then you can decide what to cast on next (if you haven't already!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a list of things to work on next. LOL Between commissions and personal projects I seem to always have plenty to do.

      Delete
  2. how pretty. i am also making a pattern where i am on chart d and getting ready to finish with chart e (well, chart e will take quite some time) so much enjoyable knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that I can see exactly how many rows I have left. I get a bit lost feeling when I have to knit for x inches, I end up measuring all the time and it feels like it takes so much longer.

      Delete