Friday, December 9, 2011

Opposites Attract

I finally have a finished object to share!



Stephanie asked me to make her a pair of wrist warmers. She found a pattern that she liked and I found several yarn options. To make it easier for her to pick the colors she wanted I suggested that we could alternate the colors. She loved the idea though questioned how hard it would be. I'd never done it before but it couldn't be that difficult, right? Right! *laugh* I'm not scared by new things. So Lynn helped me figure out what exactly the pattern meant since numbers aren't my friends. (I keep trying, they keep rejecting me.)

The color changing was so easy! Also it was a huge help since the cables were every 8 rows and the color change was every 4 rows. No more keeping track of what row I was on! The alternating colors made it so easy to see my stitches too and set it in my mind how my stitches look so that on other projects I can more easily count rows should I lose track.



No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. Along with making the cables cross toward the thumb on each glove I make the colors opposite on each wrist warmer, as requested. It made the progress on each a lot of fun to watch as they grew and the colors stacked up.

I had so much fun working on these. I can't wait to see pictures of Stephanie wearing them. *grin*

4 comments:

  1. Wow - these are awesome! Love them and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the opposite colors, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much ladies for all the compliments! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they look really great! :)

    ReplyDelete