Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Diagonal Lace Socks & Fey Led Yet Again

Writing:
Fey Led (Working Title) - Rewrites
Previous Word Count: 16,662
Current Word Count: 18,386 (Up 1,659)


That's just today! Whoo! Now that the sinus issue and clouded thinking is fixed (crosses fingers) I can get work done. 


Knitting:
There are moments that I love these socks, such as every time I look at them and see the pretty colors and the way the strips work with the diagonal lace. There are moments I hate them, like when I was turning the heels. It was, I suspect, unnecessarily complicated and fussy. Also? Purling in the round? Still sucks. I finally took the socks off the circular needles and pulled out my DPN's just to do the heels. I finished up the second heel last night at gaming since was stuck with no other distractions for my hands for a couple hours. Now they're back on their circular needles, both heels turned and I'm ready to whip through the leg.









Also? Something I love about toe up socks? Once the sock is big enough and the yarn ball is small enough I can tuck the ball into the sock. No more wandering balls of yarn, no more tangled yarn when I'm switching between socks, and so much more portable! Complete win!

No comments:

Post a Comment